Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Beauty of The Pearl Farmer's Market

So today I made my second visit to the awesome farmer's market that just open down at the old Pearl Brewery near downtown San Antonio. This place is amazing and is what San Antonio has been lacking for so long, as we have been forced to attends "Markets" which consist of maybe two or three pick up trucks in a Wal Mart parking lot. But now we finally have a real market that has lovely local products. Today I picked up some amazing spicy french breakfast radishes from Hartmann Farms and they made me think why do we as Americans settle for sub-par produce from our grocery chains. If you were to pick up some radishes at the supermarket they taste like nothing but water. Why is this? As it is evident with the radishes I bought this morning that they can be grown (with care) into something that is so beautiful and flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment