Monday, August 10, 2009

" A Classic"


I started doing this dish a couple of years ago for friends and VIP's. Whenever I served a foie course this was usually the dish I would serve. However over the last year my foie horizons have become more broad, leading me away from the old school seared approach. A few weeks ago I prepared this dish for a group of friends and chefs (and foie gras snobs), they loved it. So now I'm dealt with the dilemma of making this my "signature dish". As a fan of modern cooking I sometime believe that with the products available to them, ambition, passion and talent of chefs in America our menus should change daily. This means I dont like the words signature dish or specialty. But then again when you have perfected something why change it. Who's knows in a few years you might see this dish on the menu at restaurant b7.
It is Seared Foie Gras w/ A "Deconstructed Blueberry Muffin."
Foie Toasted Brioche
Blueberry Gastrique
Pickled Blueberries
Pinenut- Granulated Honey Crumble

No comments:

Post a Comment